You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Cervenka Consulting Forums → ATENA → thin-walled sheeting → Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Hello Josef, please understand that when using volume elements for regions under bending, at least 4 elements per thickness are needed (for qualitative-only results, more elements are needed for quantitative results; search the web for "shear locking" to get background info about related phenomena). I would recommend to use shell elements for the sheeting (see the manuals for details on using shells in ATENA). You can also read the suggestions (FAQ + Known Issues on our web, Troubleshooting Manual) related to FRP strengthening, as they contain answers and recommendations for a very similar situation, i.e., a thin layer in bending attached to a larger structural member.

Hello,
I try to model a composite slab using thin-walled sheeting with embossments in Atena-GID.
The problem is how to model the thin-walled sheeting (1mm thickness). I need to see a deformation of the sheeting perpendicular to its plane. I use Steel VonMises 3D material and tetrahedra elements. But concrete block is deformed instead of the thin-walled sheeting during the calculation. The calculation is aborded due to violation of stop iteration criteria and the shape returns to its initial stage.
If there is a necessity to set up large deformations for calculation, then how to do it? Or how to set up the sheeting to be deformed?

Thank you in advance
Josef

Cervenka Consulting Forums → ATENA → thin-walled sheeting → Post new reply