You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Dear fcwong, please send us the model - without seeing it, we can just guess what the problem source might be...

I have a simple semi-circular arch bridge model with filler above the arch. I received the following error message while generating my mesh:

"Internal error generation!
Internal Error: AT_Data (153): The line 1 contains a node, which is not in the macro element 1"

=======

Here's my simple arch:

1. Line 1 and 2 represent the arch lines, line 3 and 4 the "short" horizontal lines that close up to the boundary to form arch macro-element 1. Line 1 is the "boundary" between the arch and the filler macro-elements.

2. Line 5 and 7 are vertical lines that enclosed the filler vertically, while horizontal line 6 close up the boundary to form filler macro-element 2.

3. Across the thickness of arch (line 3 and 4), a refinement by 6 number of elements was specified.

4. Across the circumference of arch (line 1 and 2), a refinement of 100 number of elements was specified.

5. Across the depth of filler (line 5 and 7), a refinement of 100 number of elements was specified.

6. Across the longitudinal arch bridge model (line 6), a refinement of 100 number of elements was specified.

======

Note:
When no refinement was specified for line 5 and 7, mesh generation was able to be carried out without error message, but the mesh is unacceptable (hence the refinement).

Many thanks for the assistance.