You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

The information in ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.1.7 I plan to buy a new PC to run ATENA on it, what do you recommend? is still valid. The multithreaded version of the ATENA kernel is still in development.

The 64-bit variants of AtenaConsole and AtenaWin are available sice version 4.2.8 (or similar), in ATENA version 5, ATENA Studio is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit variants from the very beginning.

64-bit versions of ATENA Engineering 2D and 3D are currently not planned. To run the analysis of a model prepared in ATENA Engineering in AtenaConsole/AtenaWin/ATENAStudio, please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 4.3.1 I have an ATENA Input File (.inp), how can I start the analysis in AtenaWin or AtenaConsole?

First of all. Thank you for running such an informative forum, it is very useful.

I am curious with the update to version 5 for Atena 3D if it is able to use multiple cores for running one analysis? This can be called hyperthreading when it uses multiple cores. I know previously and in the FAQ that it says that it can use multiple cores for different analyses but I am wondering if one analyses can use multiple cores? Also, is there a 64-bit Atena version as opposed to the 32-bit Atena?

Also, just as a note, I have refined my mesh to only the important areas in my beams and much coarser mesh in less important areas. I have changed the solver type to a sparse-iterative type (DCG) as well. I have yet to try and run it in AtenaWin as I have yet to use AtenaWin yet and am not familiar with it.

Thank you for your time, it is much appreciated. I look forward to hearing back from you.

-Brett