Topic: Atena 3D V5 use multiple cores?

First of all. Thank you for running such an informative forum, it is very useful.

I am curious with the update to version 5 for Atena 3D if it is able to use multiple cores for running one analysis? This can be called hyperthreading when it uses multiple cores. I know previously and in the FAQ that it says that it can use multiple cores for different analyses but I am wondering if one analyses can use multiple cores? Also, is there a 64-bit Atena version as opposed to the 32-bit Atena?

Also, just as a note, I have refined my mesh to only the important areas in my beams and much coarser mesh in less important areas. I have changed the solver type to a sparse-iterative type (DCG) as well. I have yet to try and run it in AtenaWin as I have yet to use AtenaWin yet and am not familiar with it.

Thank you for your time, it is much appreciated. I look forward to hearing back from you.

-Brett

Re: Atena 3D V5 use multiple cores?

The information in ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.1.7 I plan to buy a new PC to run ATENA on it, what do you recommend? is still valid. The multithreaded version of the ATENA kernel is still in development.

The 64-bit variants of AtenaConsole and AtenaWin are available sice version 4.2.8 (or similar), in ATENA version 5, ATENA Studio is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit variants from the very beginning.

64-bit versions of ATENA Engineering 2D and 3D are currently not planned. To run the analysis of a model prepared in ATENA Engineering in AtenaConsole/AtenaWin/ATENAStudio, please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 4.3.1 I have an ATENA Input File (.inp), how can I start the analysis in AtenaWin or AtenaConsole?