You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Dear Pavlo and Mohmad
Followed the suggestion, I could mesh the cylinder with holes. Thanks.
While running analysis I got the following message. ,

Error in command ElemsMatProp
Error in base file 'C:/Program Files/GiD/GiD 14.0/problemtypes/Atena/Execute/../include.src.bas/Write_Clasic_Bar_Element.bas' at line number 10: Error into an *if expression

When I searched in forum, I noticed, Pavlo faced similar problem.

How should I correct. My reinforcement bar does not have contact with concrete when it runs through holes. Is it the reason?
Can you / anyone help.
Thank you

If you have cylinder volume and you need to be structured with Hexahedra, you need to have 6 surfaces 1top,1bottom, and 4 sides so divide your side surfaces
If you need help send us your model to Cervenka@cervenka.cz

Thanks,
Mohamad

Also you can share your model and I can record a video how to make unstructured mesh

Thank you.
Yes, I am using GiD.
I will search in GiD forum.

Are you using GiD?
Structured type can only be assigned to a 6-side prism.
You have to use semi-structured instead.

Also you can check GiD forum for such kind of problems.

"Volume number 1 cannot be meshed with the assigned element type, unstructured volumes can only be meshed with tetrahedra, points or sphere elements."
Volume number 1 is a cylinder of 150mm dia 150mm height, with 20mm dia x 50mm high holes , one at top and at bottom. I tried structured line with 16 divisions and 0.05 mesh size. I am trying to model pullout test.
can anyone help me?
Thanks