You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Forum updated

We have recently updated our forums system, and we have cleared all spam topics and users. In case we accidentally deleted your account, please register again. If you miss a topic you have posted before, please let us know.

Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Thanks for your response, I downloaded the latest version and am now experimenting with that.
Regards
Robin

Dear Robin, Chapter 2.1 of ATENA Theory is about the SBETA material model. Please see Chapter 2.2 for description of the fracture-plastic material family (NLCementitious2 & others). In the current version, the Crack Shear Stiffness Factor can be changed not only in the ATENA-GiD interface (ATENA Sci) or by editing the .inp file manually, but also in ATENA 3D Engineering (since version 4.2.3) - see the box Crack Shear Stiff. Factor Sf on the Shear tab of the NLCem2 material dialog.

Hi there,

I am wishing to investigate a concrete fixed crack model which makes use of the shear retention factor. Section 2.1.7 of manual part 1 "shear stress and stiffness" describes the relation between concrete shear modulus and reinforcement ratio and section 2.1.13 describes this parameter as variable.

Is it possible to change this parameter to a user defined value to investigate the influences of alternative shear retention factors? I can’t find any options in the 3D nonlinear cementitous constitutive model parameters where the shear stiffness of the concrete may be influenced.

Best Regards

Robin