Topic: Concrete Shear Retention factor

Hi there,

I am wishing to investigate a concrete fixed crack model which makes use of the shear retention factor. Section 2.1.7 of manual part 1 "shear stress and stiffness" describes the relation between concrete shear modulus and reinforcement ratio and section 2.1.13 describes this parameter as variable.

Is it possible to change this parameter to a user defined value to investigate the influences of alternative shear retention factors? I can’t find any options in the 3D nonlinear cementitous constitutive model parameters where the shear stiffness of the concrete may be influenced.

Best Regards

Robin

Re: Concrete Shear Retention factor

Dear Robin, Chapter 2.1 of ATENA Theory is about the SBETA material model. Please see Chapter 2.2 for description of the fracture-plastic material family (NLCementitious2 & others). In the current version, the Crack Shear Stiffness Factor can be changed not only in the ATENA-GiD interface (ATENA Sci) or by editing the .inp file manually, but also in ATENA 3D Engineering (since version 4.2.3) - see the box Crack Shear Stiff. Factor Sf on the Shear tab of the NLCem2 material dialog.

Re: Concrete Shear Retention factor

Thanks for your response, I downloaded the latest version and am now experimenting with that.
Regards
Robin