Topic: modelling plate strengthening using Atena 3D

hello..

can u guide me how to model CFRP plate on the bottom of beam...i was model using added the macroelemnt...but the size of plate of plate is to small....can u suggest me what can i do?

Re: modelling plate strengthening using Atena 3D

what the problem when this commond issued
)    The joint n.1 is not located inside the macroelement!
(x)    The joint n.2 is not located inside the macroelement!
(x)    The joint n.3 is not located inside the macroelement!
(x)    The joint n.4 is not located inside the macroelement!
(x)    The joint n.5 is not located inside the macroelement!
(x)    The joint n.6 is not located inside the macroelement!
(x)    The joint n.7 is not located inside the macroelement!
(x)    The joint n.8 is not located inside the macroeleme

please respond me...coz this problem happen went each time i want add other macroelement...please respond..i can procced my modelling now..tq

what the problem if this command appear?
(x)    The joint n.1 is not located inside the macroelement!
(x)    The joint n.2 is not located inside the macroelement!
(x)    The joint n.3 is not located inside the macroelement!
(x)    The joint n.4 is not located inside the macroelement!
(x)    The joint n.5 is not located inside the macroelement!
(x)    The joint n.6 is not located inside the macroelement!
(x)    The joint n.7 is not located inside the macroelement!
(x)    The joint n.8 is not located inside the macroelement!

i can add my plate at bottom beam coz of thid problem...pls solve my problem...tq

i can't  insert macroelement for shell macroelemet...plate...how can i do?

First of all, please do not double-post your questions.

If you are sure the geometry you try to introduce is correct (i.e., no nonplanar surfaces, crossing lines, or similar), please see posts in the following older theread for information about adjusting the geometry modelling precision:
http://forums.cervenka.cz/viewtopic.php?pid=1375#p1375

thank u...sori for the double post...:)

hai....i have solved the problem about macroelement by increasing the decimal to 6...but went i want run the model this error appear
    Analysis step 1   

(x)    Illegal element type specified for the shell/plate macroelement 4 (quadratic Brick).
(x)    Illegal element type specified for the shell/plate macroelement 5 (quadratic Brick).
(x)    In analysis step 1, macroelements 1 and 4 are intersecting each other!

how can i solve it?

i"m modelling plate at the bottom of beam....modeling is as the real beam..which is the epoxy bonding the CFRP plate by hack the beam...so that the plate is smoothly in the surface of bottom beam...but in this atena if i modelling by intersection the plate into the concrete its be come problem intersecting... so my plate modelling must little offset from the surface of beam...is it correct? is it not influence the results? tq

For the "Illegal element type" message, please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 3.3.7 When I try to run the analysis, I get the "Illegal element type specified for the shell/plate macroelement x (quadratic brick)". This error is given for all the shell elements I used.

I am sorry I don't understand this question:

> i"m modelling plate at the bottom of beam....modeling is as the real beam..which is the epoxy
> bonding the CFRP plate by hack the beam...so that the plate is smoothly in the surface of
> bottom beam...but in this atena if i modelling by intersection the plate into the concrete its be
> come problem intersecting... so my plate modelling must little offset from the surface of beam...is
> it correct? is it not influence the results? tq

1. if you have 2 (or more) macroelements overlapping (i.e., some space is occupied by multiple macroelements), the error message is right and you have to fix your model (The only exception are 1-D bar elements, which are embedded in a volume).

2. In ATENA Troubleshooting, there are several suggestions of options how to model CFRP (2.1.8 How to model carbon or glass fibre wrap (CFRP, GFRP) strengthening in ATENA?). Please select one and follow the instructions.