Topic: Discrepancies in Units??

I think there is a discrepancy in the units between the Pre-processor and the Post-processor and wanted to confirm this. I am using Imperial units as well (kips, lbf, in, psi, ksi).

In the Pre-processor when I apply a force to the external cable, the units displayed says Kips. I apply a 370 kip force to the external cable. Once in the Post-processor screen, looking at the cable force (in the scalars results) I am getting a cable force of 354 lbf (it is a little lower due to losses).  So therefore the cable force is dropping from 370 kip to 354 lbf.  I am having a hard time believing that the lbf is correct and that it should be kip instead.

Also when I am looking at the stresses in my section, it is listed as psi but in my hand calculations I am getting similar values but in ksi instead of psi.

I just wanted to know if this has been a noted issue previously or if the units are indeed correct between Pre and Post-processors?

Thanks,
Brett

Re: Discrepancies in Units??

Dear baallenba, please let us know which of the ATENA Pre- and Postprocessor you use - ATENA Engineering 2D, ATENA Engineering 3D, GiD Pre + AtenaWin, or GiD Pre + GiD Post? If possible, please send us your model - that gives us the most effective way to reproduce your problem on our computers.