Topic: RC slabs's failure mechanisms

Hi, I'm using ATENA 3D 4. I'm studying different modes of failure on RC slabs. I've got the correct failure modes for slabs without shear reinforcement and slabs with shear reinforcements using bars ( both failure modes were within the shear reinforcement region), but when I used (I) sections as shear reinforcements I couldn't obtain the correct failure mode as it should occur outside the shear reinforcement !

Re: RC slabs's failure mechanisms

Hello, if you like to get help/advice with your model, please send us your model along with a sketch+description of what you are modelling and your ATENA User ID (WR) through email (for more details, please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.1.1 I have a problem not listed here).

I would recommend to read ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.1.17 How can I take the bending and/or shear contribution of reinforcement bars into account? and 2.1.22 My analysis results do not match the experiment/expectations.How can I improve my model?
The current version of the document is available for download from the Products - ATENA - Documentation section of our web, http://www.cervenka.cz/products/atena/documentation/