Topic: GiD modelling

Good morning,
I would like to ask several questions regarding modelling in GiD.
1) Is it possible to merge two GiD projects in one? Or at least the geometries created?
2) Is it possible to assign geometrical imperfections directly in GiD? (I know how to add them to .inp file using NODAL_IMPERFECTIONS command)
3) Utilities - List Nodes command allows me to list only 100 entities. Is it possible to increase this number? I haven´t found any such option in Preferences.

Thank you for your help

Petr Bily

Re: GiD modelling

Hello,

1. yes - Files - Import - Insert GiD Geometry...

2. AFAIK, this option is not yet supported in any of our GUEs = manual definition in the Input File (.inp) is the only way to use it. We plan to consider adding the support in some of the future versions.

3. I don't know - I can only recommend to directly contact the GiD support/developers (http://www.gidhome.com/). However, I would like to ask what is the reason you wish to page through the coordinates of more than 100 points? Maybe we can find some other way to get what you need...

Hello,
the reason why I want to list coordinates of so many nodes is to be able to copy them to excel file and calculate the imperfections. Of course I could copy the coordinates from .inp file, but this is additional work (I want to assign imperfections just to a part of the structure, so I have to select the correct nodes - and the easiest way is the List Nodes command).

Hello, you can also output a node selection from ATENA Studio or AtenaWin (see the corresponding manuals and also ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.1.14 How to get the nodal forces at 100 nodes as output in text-file or other?).

Thats a good idea, thank you.