1 (edited by pkselvann 2014-02-21 05:23:19)

Topic: Material Modelling parameters

Sir,
I would like to know what value of equivalent strain at maximum compressive stress is considered while formulating the equivalent uniaxial stress strain curve for concrete. How to modify the value of tensile strength in order to obtain results close to the experimental values?

Re: Material Modelling parameters

Dear pkselvann, it is not clear from your question which material model you ask about, NLCem2, NLCem2User, or some other? If NLCem2, I would suggest to first look at the value Plastic strain at peak compressive stress (eps_cp).
Why do you consider modifying ft - do you have some tensile/bending/splitting test, or are you looking for a simple way to consider shrinkage, or for some other reason?
For general suggestions on improving your results, please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.1.23 My analysis results do not match the experiment/expectations.How can I improve my model?

we are using 3d nonlinear cementitious 2 material. How is the plastic strain calculated and how does it modify the equivalent strain at maximum compressive strength?
While validating results of an experiment we observed that the values weren't matching. On reducing the tensile strength value based on formulae from various codes it was observed that  the values approach the experimental ones.

Please see ATENA Theory for details about the material model. When generating values based on the EC concrete classes, the plastic strain at compressive peak eps_cp is set equal to the elastic strain at the peak, i.e., total strain at peak = 2 * elastic strain = 2 * plastic strain.

Just a guess: maybe you are neglecting shrinkage? See ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.1.16 How can I include the influence of shrinkage?