Topic: Time of calculation (SHCC)

Good morning!

I'm performing bending test of the specimen from SHCC in ATENA 2D. Specimen dimensions are 140x40x40 (mm). Mesh size is 5 mm. As a material model I use 3DNonLinCemetitious2User. Calculations run already half a day and still not ready, I can't understand should it run so much time or something is wrong. I trying now to use the symmetry (half of the model) but it doesn't seem to be faster. How long time should it take approximately for such model?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Time of calculation (SHCC)

Good afternoon, without seeing your model, I can only direct you to ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.2.2 I get the message "The execution is killed due to violation of stop iteration criteria", what does it mean? and 2.2.6 Floating point problems - Division by zero, Loss of >7 digits on the matrix diagonal, Warning: Sign of diagonal changed when reducing equation, Floating point exception: Multiple floating points traps, Zero or negative jacobian, InvertA: zero determinant, CCMaterials Extended AExc: CC5ParamYield F:project_stress_on_f_division by zero, and similar.

The most typical reason for extremely long analysis times is
1. having some error in the model, causing numerical problems (e.g., missing supports in a direction)
AND
2. not having set reasonable conditional break criteria to make the analysis stop automatically once the convergence error is very large at the end of a step.