Topic: ATENA Studio gets stuck during reading the input data

Hello,
I created a model of arc-shaped structure reinforced by arc-shaped tendons in GiD 11. I had no problems with modelling and meshing in GiD. However, when I try to run analysis in Atena Studio (version 5.0.2.9123), the program gets stuck during reading the input data. There was no error message nor another message in the log even after 15 hours, the program was just still trying to read the line where it got stuck.
The number of the line where the problem occurs corresponds with the beginning of definition of tendon elements in *.inp file, so I think it has something to do with the tendons, but I can´t figure out where is the problem.
- When I delete all the tendons, the analysis starts without any problem, but it is not what I want.
- Even if just one segment of one arc tendon is left, the problem is back.
- I tried to substitute arc tendons by line segments, it did not help.
- I tried to assign different reinforcement material, it did not help.
- I tried to delete initial strains assigned to the tendons, it did not help.
- I tried AtenaWin and AtenaConsole, it did not help.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thank you very much

Petr

Re: ATENA Studio gets stuck during reading the input data

Hello, please update to the current ATENA Version, 5.0.3h. If you can not get it by running the ATENA Update Check utility, please send us a mail and we'll give you the direct download link.

If the problem persists in the current version, please send us your model (see also Troubleshooting, 2.1.1 I have a problem not listed here).

Re: ATENA Studio gets stuck during reading the input data

Thank you, after updating the analysis started successfully.

Best regards,

Petr