Topic: Queries regarding thermal and moisture analyses

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope this message finds you well.

I have some questions regarding the transport analysis in ATENA and I would really appreciate it if you answered them.

1. In the definition of CCTransportMaterial for moisture analysis, what does Dhh stand for? If it stands for moisture diffusivity, why has it been multiplied by density (m^2/day)*(kg/m^3)?

2. What does Chh stand for in CCTransportMaterial for moisture analysis?

3. I was wondering if you could provide me with any references discussing the temperature-dependent variation of Dhh and Chh at elevated and cryogenic temperatures.

4. How does heat exchange with the ambient air is considered in ATENA temperature analysis? It seems that it is only made from the heated surface and not the other surfaces.

5. How is cooling considered in ATENA? What I’m trying to say is that for a fire loading of 3h from the bottom and no other subsequent conditions for a 3x3x0.15m slab, the temperature doesn’t fall below 450 degrees centigrade even after even three months!!! How is this possible? For the temperature to fall below this value, a manual descending branch should be considered for the fire loading condition.

I have read the relevant sections in the ATENA theory manual but I can’t understand them quite well.

Best regards,

Nima Kian