Topic: For the aggregate generate

Hi,
i tried to use SRA to generate aggregate randomly, but i found that the "random variable" only could define the material parameter randomly, so how could i define it?  Thank you for it!

Re: For the aggregate generate

Hello, please look at the Random Fields option. Although is it not possible to directly generate aggregates, you can define a characteristic distance controlling the space correlation of the distribution functions for the material parameters.

Dear dpryl, thank you for your reply. And could you help me to give me a example about it. I tried, but still failed.Thank you for it!

I assume you have already read the SARA manual (included in installation in PDF format and also available for download from our web). Can you find the Random Fields option in Selector? Which exact versions of ATENA and SARA do you have?

As already explained, there is no specific support for doing things like that in ATENA. I can only recommend to save a simple ATENA 2D model as .cct and look at the file structure. Some users are generating (parts of) this file by various tools (spreadsheets, self-developed SW, ...). In you case, you would have to define all the joint coordinates, lines, and macroelements (as lists of boudary lines) and make sure your macroelements are well interconnected (i.e., each line except the outside borders belongs to 2 macroelements) and no MEs are overlapping. You would also have to pay attention to the supports and loads (or assign them manually after importing your .cct into ATENA 2D).

Another option is to use the "MaterialWithRandomFields" by manually editing the ATENA .inp file (e.g., stored by ATENA-GiD from a model prepared in GiD) and prepare the spatial distribution file by hand, respectively write your own program to create the file. Before trying that, I definitely recommend to ask our sales colleagues to prepare an offer for SARA - you can ask for 2 variants, to buy it or to just rent it for the time of your project.