Topic: delete element group

Hello,

I have just deleted required element group and inspite of the fact that the deleted element group is not obviously included in further analysis it is still visible. Is there any way how to make the deleted element group invisible? If I want to present my results it would not be very nice...

Thank you very much in advance, regards
Michal

Re: delete element group

Dear Michal, it is not clear from your question which ATENA environment you are using - ATENA Engineering 2D, Engineering 3D, ATENA Science with GiD, or if you modify the ATENA input file (.inp) by hand, and if you are modelling construction process (with removing elements during the analysis), or if you have a problem with deleting elements/volumes/macroelements in preprocessing (i.e., before starting the analysis).

If you like to hide some macroelement or element group in postprocessing, see the Activity command in ATENA 3D or the Postprocess Domain dialog in AtenaWin.

Hello,

I am sorry I have not specified the type. I use ATENA Engineering 2D and I edit the input file by hand by adding the command "delete enforced element group...". It means that I am modeling something like construction process and I delete the element groups during analysis. I need to hide the elements only in postprocessing. Is there any way how achieve this in postprocessing in ATENA Engineering 2D?

Thank you very much again!
Michal

Hello Michal, I assume you have already read the "Tutorial for Construction Process Modelling in ATENA 2D". If you need to turn off displaying reinforcement bars or cables, you can do so in the Options - Activity dialog. For disabling 2D Macroelements, I think the easiest way is to import the results into ATENA 3D for postprocessing (File - Export - Binary results file to export the results from A2D, then read them into A3D through File - Open other - Results by step). You can set the activity there, and I think you won't even need that - when you read a step where a ME is not active, it should not be displayed at all.

Hello,

I needed to disable the 2D Macroelements and the way you suggested is excellent!

Thank you very much for all your advice and have a nice day,
Michal