Topic: Meshing a model

Hello!

I'm Francesco, i'm doing a pullout experimentation using your Software.
I'm using it to model some pullout tests of T-headead bars on concrete blocks of various shapes and dimensions.

My problem is that i'm getting stucked on a model that i can't mesh..

-I have defined a macroelements mesh of 0.010 in all macrolements, with the exception of 3 macroel. that i'd like to mesh with 0.020;
-I have defined a mesh compatibility on the contacts of macroelements of the same material;
-I have defined a surface refinement of 0.010 in all surfaces facing different materials.

I'm not be able to understand the error message that ATENA shows me when I try to mesh.

"CCFEModelGenerateExc: T3D error while storing edge (truss/beam) element1 from group 0 with property 0 located at curve id 536870929 Source Line: 332, file: ..\..\Sources\T3d\atena_interface.cpp, last modified at: Fri Nov 19 14:51:39 2010"

then, in the info panel, i can see the same message with an indication of a line (that I've checked and seems to be correctly defined):

"CCFEModelGenerateExc: T3D error while storing edge (truss/beam) element1 from group 0 with property 0 located at curve id (macroelement 1 - line 17)"

-What is the problem? How can i mesh this model?
-I can send you the model if can help, it's very small at the moment. (550k)

Thank you very much for your help

Re: Meshing a model

Hello Francesco, yes, please send us the model to our general support email address (cervenka@...).

The address can be found on our web under "Company". The best way is to follow the instructions in our Troubleshooting Manual (2.1.1 I have a problem not listed here).

Hello

I have a problem too, with the mesh generation. I have a model which I already processed and got the results. But if I try to regenerate the mesh using the same parameters it fail to generate the mesh. I am not modifying anything in it and I don't know where is the problem (the intention is to refine the mesh).

the error is :
CCFEModelGenerateExc: T3D generator error code:10
Source line: 157, file: ... \..\Sources\t3d\atena_cpp.cpp, last modified at: Wed Apr 27 09:41:40 2011

Thank you,

Dear daescuc,
first of all, please read sections
"3.3.4 Mesh generation errors for some macroelements",
"3.3.5 Problem meshing geometry created in older ATENA versions", and
"3.3.6 I have a bug; when I click on the button Generate in order to generate the mesh, I get the following error: CCFEModelGenerateExc: T3D generator error code: 10 Source line: 157, file: ..\..\Sources\T3d\atena_cpp.cpp, last modified at: Fri Nov 19 13:5139 2010"
of our ATENA Troubleshooting Manual.

It is also recommended to update to the current ATENA version (4.3.1g).

Thank you for the answer. The Atena version is up to date.

The solution foud was to divise the "big" element into several smaller ones, which I already performed.

Regards,