Topic: Modelling

Hi, I want to model my specimen which having two decimal point (e.g 0.01mm). Can Atena handle with this dimension? If, yes how to make a setup because I have tried to create the node with coordinate 8.01mm but the actual dimension appeared was 8.00mm. Thank you for your help.

Re: Modelling

Hello, I assume you are using ATENA Engineering. The default setting in (in both ATENA 2D and 3D) is 4 decimal digits (in meters). This can be changed in 2D under General data - Precision, in 3D, General data - Analysis information - Global - Decimal digits. Please understand that
1. the number of digits in a model can only be increased, not decreased. Make sure to have a backup copy of your model before increasing it.
2. the precision has influence on many conditions in the program. If you increase it too far, you can expect problems with planarity tests, automatic interface creation, etc.

But I couldn't find the General data-precision in ATENA 2D. How to change the decimal digits in ATENA 2D?

Open General data, click the Edit button, Precision is at the bottom of the dialog.