Topic: External Cable Force

When using the external cable as a post-tensioned application in Atena 3D I am applying a 370 kip force to the live end. Once in the post-processor and looking at the cable force, the dead end is showing a ~370 kip force and the live end is showing a 326 kip force. This is opposite of what it should be. It should be showing ~370 kip at the live end and 326 kip at the dead end due to the losses from friction and wobble. Is there a reason for it being opposite or in this manner? I have not been able to come up with a reason for this, so any help would be appreciated.

Also, on the topic of external cables, I have not been able to get a monitor to work for the external cables. I have tried recording the value at the node where the live end is present and recording the reaction at the dead end node as well. Both of these techniques have developed errors. What can I do to monitor the applied force on the external cables?

Thanks for your time,
Brett

Re: External Cable Force

Hello, thank you for your question.

It seems that there is error.

1) Field Active anchor didnt work.
2) You can change the direction of the force by redefinition of segments in Topology External cable.
( viewing arrow is wrong as well)

For monitoring use

type: Value at integ. point
Value: stress Item:1
Topologiccal data: External cables, cables no: #
Closest to the point.. your point

Regards

Zdenek