Topic: defining new material using CC3DNonLinCementitious2User

Hi..
I am new to this software.I have a doubt.Can I use the stress -strain values directly to define compression or tension behaviour of concrete while defining new material using CC3DNonLinCementitious2User ?..Whether I have to follow the function given in the theory manual?

Re: defining new material using CC3DNonLinCementitious2User

Hello, please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.2.4 I want to use the user-defined stress-strain law of concrete to replace that used in ATENA program. How can I do it?

I  have gone through the manual and downloaded the spread sheet given.But it did not saying about the compression function.How can I choose  the value for Lc in the function given in the theory?

The characteristic size works the same way for tension and compression, see 2.2.4 I want to use the user-defined stress-strain law of concrete to replace that used in ATENA program. How can I do it?, point 1. How to get "l_ch"? Is it the crack band size?
Or do you ask about some other parameter?

When defining your compression function, please also keep in mind point 10. Is the plastic compressive strain ε pl calculated by subtracting the elastic strain from
the total strain?

I am not asking about Lch..I am asking about Crush band size(Lc).whether i need to enter the value for Lc??
Also i didnt understand the point 10 as you mentioned in the reply.What is total strain?

The crush band size works analogically to crack band size (see Theory, 2.1.3 Localization Limiters and 2.2.3 Rankine-Fracturing Model for Concrete Cracking), and there is no way to enter it.

In short, total strain eps = elastic strain eps_el + plastic strain eps_pl + fracturing strain eps_fr.