Topic: Problems with the Construction Process Modelling

Dear Dr. Pryl,

I am modelling a RC wall composed of two parts, a wide base and a top part, which will be concreted 30 days after the base of the wall. I have followed the procedure described in the "ATENA Program Documentation Part 4-3: Tutorial for Construction Modelling in ATENA 2D" and accessed the INP file and deleted the "Element Groups" that correspond to the top part of the wall and the reinforcement bars in the top part of the wall. However, when i close the INP fiel and run the model the program first delivers several warnings, the last one stating "Too many ill dofs to be reported. The check is abandoned". And then a window pops up saying "CCFEModelExc: The execution is killed due to violation of the iteration divergence criteria."

Please, what do those error messages mean? Am I missing any step to delete the elements of the top part?   I am sorry for bothering and thank in advance for your assistance.

Best Regards,

FAF

Re: Problems with the Construction Process Modelling

Dear FAF, please send us your model along with the pasted list you are cutting in Step 1 to be pasted in later, such that we can check it and try to reproduce the issue.

An alternative solution option to consider: create your model in ATENA 3D with a single element in the 3rd direction and boundary conditions corresponding to the plane stress or plane strain situation you have selected in ATENA 2D. The main advantage: ATENA 3D supports construction process without the need to interact with the .inp file manually.

For the convergence problem message, please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.4.2 I get the message "The execution is killed due to violation of stop iteration criteria", what does it mean?