Topic: Internal Error!

Dear Sir

I've upgraded to Atena 5, and when I tried to run a slab model I received this message after step 1:

An internal error has occurred; Error identification A3RUN_calculate thread.pas/11.

What does this mean and what I should I do to tackle this problem?

Thanks

Re: Internal Error!

Dear engmtma, to run an old model in a newer ATENA version, please re-generate the mesh. If you have problems with the mesh generation, please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 3.3.4 Mesh generation errors for some macroelements.and 3.3.5 Problem meshing geometry created in older ATENA versions.

Thanks for your reply. I made a new model using Atena 5, but still I  've got the same following messages:
Internal error during analysis monitoring: External exception E06D7363
Internal error while reading results: Access violation of address 06274D54 in module 'A3 Run_1.dll' read of address 00000058

So can you explain what these messages mean and how can I solve this problem?

Thanks

Please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 3.1.3 The analysis stops with the message "Error when saving results External exception E06D7363".

If you still can not identify the problem source, please send us your model along with info about what you are doing, following the instructions from Troubleshooting 2.1.1 I have a problem not listed here.

Hello,
I am trying to run a finite element model of an exterior beam column joint. Loading is cyclic in nature and that's why I have specified loading in form of prescribed deformations, one at the top of the beam (in -ve Y direction) and the other at the bottom of the beam (in +ve Y direction). I ran mesh and I saw no problem in it. When I ran the finite element analysis, without showing any error message or warning the analysis stopped running. I couldn't track the source of the problem as it is not showing any error in the input file and neither during the running of analysis. Can you please help me out with this bug?? Thanks in advance.

Hello pritish, please see ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.4.6 Floating point problems - Division by zero, Loss of >7 digits on the matrix diagonal, Warning: Sign of diagonal changed when reducing equation,Floating point exception: Multiple floating points traps, Zero or negative jacobian, InvertA: zero determinant, CCMaterials Extended AExc: CC5ParamYield F:project_stress_on_f_division by zero, and similar. If you still can not identify the problem source, send us the model (see ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.1.1 I have a problem not listed here).

Thank you sir. I'll look into it.

Hello sir,
I am also facing another problem in interpreting the results of reaction and displacement in cyclic loading. Following the ATENA manual and suggestions of how to apply cyclic loading, I created a function of prescribed deformations in +Y and -Y directions. In my initial load step, my column is axially loaded only with 100kN. In my 2nd step, I applied prescribed deformation in -Y direction. In the 3rd step, I unloaded the specimen and finally in the 4th step, I applied prescribed deformation in +Y direction and so on up to 20  steps. I have placed three monitoring points; displacement monitor at the extreme bottom end of the beam, reaction in +y and -y named monitor respectively at the top & bottom of the plate node where prescribed deformation is applied in cyclic manner as explained above.

The bug is, during the running of analysis, the reaction monitors are showing the reactions in multiples of 1000 kNs which is totally unjustifiable as, I ran the same model under monotonic loading that gave me a peak load of 120 kN. So where am I going wrong?? Is there an error in my monitoring point locations or an interpretation error, what is it I don't know. Please help me out!!!

Hello pritish, if you wish us to check your model, please send it following the instructions from ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.1.1.