Topic: Early-age behavior of concrete

Dear staff of ATENA,

We have been told that it is possible to model the early age behavior of concrete elements with ATENA SCIENCE.

In particular, we are interested in modelling the effects of the heat of hydration, autogenous and drying shrinkage and creep on the behavior two concrete walls. One made with a normal concrete and another made with a high strength concrete.

Pardon our ignorance, please, but is ATENA SCIENCE able to model our structures?

Can you, please, suggest us, which manuals sections we should consult to tackle this problem?

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance on this matter. Best regards,

FAF

Re: Early-age behavior of concrete

Dear FAF,
I would suggest to first look at the basic related examples, I mean ATENA Science Example Manual, 3.1 Combination of Thermal and Static Analysis, and 1. CREEP ANALYSIS. You may also wish to read ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.2.8 How can I include the influence of shrinkage?, but I understand option 3. is what you need and plan to do.

Make sure you have the latest ATENA version (5.1.1t), and look at the ConMix utility for generating the material parameters for the CCTransport material model.