Topic: Plotting cable force and bond slip along strand length

Dear Sir,

I am using ATENA 3D v5. I am modeling a prestressed concrete girder with 18 prestressed strands in the bottom flange and only 2 in the top flange. I am interested in plotting bond slip along the length of a strand. The output only provides the node number and the bond slip associated with the node. I have used triangular nodes in parts, so it is difficult for me to estimate what the position of the node is. I was wondering if there is any way for me to know the coordinates of a reinforcement node? I looked at the input file and it seems like it only provides the beginning and end node coordinates for the entire bar.

In addition, the contour plot of "cable force" shows constant force along the length with reduction to zero within the transfer length (ends of the girder), as expected. However, when looking at the cable force values at each node from the "print text" window, I see variations along the length to almost zero force.

Are the node numbers in order? From beginning of prestressed strand to the end node of it?
I have divided the concrete macroelements into 3 main regions (two end regions and one middle region with coarser mesh). Could it be that the order of the node numbers is associated with the order of the macroelement numbers?

My main concern is obtaining an exact value for the transfer length and variation of cable force along the length of strands.

Thank you,

Roya

Re: Plotting cable force and bond slip along strand length

Dear Roya, it is not clear from your question if you have already read ATENA Troubleshooting, 2.2.21 How to get the nodal forces at 100 nodes as output in text-file or other?

Re: Plotting cable force and bond slip along strand length

Thanks very much. I had missed the "Reference nodal coordinates" option.