Topic: help - software crash!

Dear Sir,

I am simulating wall constructions under the ATENA 3D. The pre-processor and the calculations run with no problems. But the post-processor crashes after some visualisations with the following messages:
- External exception E06D7363
- System Error. Code: 8. Not enough storage is available to process this command
- Catastrophic failure
- An internal error has occured. Error identification follows:
ID: LdrFRRsrc.pas/ResButtonBitmap - resource load failed/9
Module: ...\A3Post_1.dll

The computer runs under Windows7 32bit with Dual Processor and 4GB RAM.

I have the feeling that the computer doesn't have enough ressources. I am asking myself if it is possible to install the ATENA software under a UNIX/SOLARIS  operating system, with more capacities.

Thank you for your help!

Re: help - software crash!

Please first of all check if you have enough free space both on the disk with your model (.cc3 file) and where temporary files are stored (TEMP).

If the RAM memory (resp. the 2GB per a single 32bit process) is the limit, you should be able to solve or reduce the problem by saving the results only for fewer steps during the analysis, e.g., every 5th or 10th step instead of every step. Another way is to make a copy of the .cc3 after the analysis is completed, and delete some of the results in the Data - Results manager dialog. If the model is very big (many nodes and elements), you may even wish to only have the results for a single step in the .cc3 file for postprocessing to improve the responsiveness of ATENA 3D.

So far ATENA only supports Windows OS (see the Specifications leaflet from the ATENA product page http://www.cervenka.cz/products/atena/a … ications), I am afraid direct support for other systems is not planned in close future (running ATENA using virtual machines or Wine has been reported by some users). A 64bit version of the analysis kernel is being developed to allow use of more memory during the analysis.

If you think there is a bug in our SW, please send us the model causing the problems with a description to let us reproduce it on our computers, such that we can fix it.