Topic: mesh size

I modelled a shear wall with discrete reinforced. I wanna see the force displacement diagram of wall. I modelled one wall which has no hole in sectin and ı modelled teh second hole which has a lot of small hole in the section. The second shear wall has a lot hole like a grid wall. I meshed the wall with mixed mesh in Atena 2D. the mesh size is same. when ı analyzed them normally the the wall which has no in section must carry more laod than the wall which has a lot of hole in section (grid wall). But the analyzed results show that the grid wall (the wall which has holes) carry more load then the wall which has no hole in the section. I think there is mesh size problem. And I change the shear wall mesh sizes the results change how can ı know the which result is true. I have no experiment results.
Thanks for ur help

Re: mesh size

First of all, have you checked the convergence, and/or set the conditional break criteria reasonably?
Second, is the renforcement the same in both cases? Normally, one yould expect the wall with openings to be more reinforced.

If there is still unexpected difference, please send both models along with an explanation what+why you do find suspicious, to our support email (cervenka@...). Please also include your ATENA user ID (WR).