Topic: Parameters of Constitutive Model

Good morning Dears,

In this post, I'm interesting for understand some questions regarding to the equations used in the parameters of constitutive model for Concrete.

In my model,  I have the cubic strength and i want understand how atena calculated their parameters (default).  I found in the Theory_Atena (section 2.1.13) any equations and  tryed calculate by hand, but some answers aren't the same values that Atena.
E.g I found that the case of Energy Fracture (Gf) is as 0.000025ft'ef but if i do using the equation of Model Code 2010 Gf=73fcm^0.18 i have the same answers. I don't know if i'm wrong.
Other case is about eps_cp in the theory is fc/E but i don't have the same value of atena, too.

Could help me, about how determine each parameter or if I'm considering something wrong?.

Best regards!
Ingrid

Re: Parameters of Constitutive Model

Hi Ingrid,

You have to have a look at this topic: https://forums.cervenka.cz/viewtopic.php?id=1909

If you check the tcl scripts I mentioned in that discussion, you will find that Gf is calculated differently if MC2010 or Eurocode is selected. I would say that Gf "to Eurocode" is quite low and is probably conservative. We'd better wait until official support explains why Gf is calculated by different formulas (this is what I wondered as well).