1 (edited by chagri 2012-03-11 20:54:04)

Topic: Section Making in ATENA 3D 4.1.4.0

Is it possible to make the section of a set of Symmetric Macro-elements ? To simplify the analysis, I want to make the section and lock the remaining faces.

Re: Section Making in ATENA 3D 4.1.4.0

First of all, I recommend to update to the current version, 4.3.0. The upgrade installer is available for all users with valid maintenance from the Downloads section of our web. The "Cut" command works on 1/2 or 1/4 symmetrical models the same way as on full models. I do not understand what you mean by "lock the remaining faces"? If you reduce the model by making use of a symmetry, the symmetry planes have to be supported in direction perpendicular to the symmetry plane.

Thank you for the suggestion. As mentioned that I am supposed to use the cut command in the section but that option arrives in the post-processing and not in the pre-processing. How is it going to simplify the model at the time of processing?

By the way, by locking the faces, I meant the same thing which you had mentioned.

Simplifying the model by making use of symmetry and creating cuts for postptocessing are 2 fully independent things in ATENA.