Topic: Directory of results at each step

Dear Sir,

I'm encounting a problem on the stored directory of results of each step in ATENA 3D. For example , the results at step 1,the file AtenaStaticResults.0001 is automatically located under the public Documents, not under the model name/AtenaCalculation. This would cause the current AtenaStaticResults.0001 from the previous model would be replaced by AtenaStaticResults.0001 from a new model. Sometimes I need the file AtenaStaticResults.xxxx, but they are all replaced and disappeared. Can you tell me how to modify the store directory of step results?
p.s.: my model is set up in GID11. In the Interval data, I choose "save all" in "store data for this interval steps". The created .inp file is input into Atena 3D for calculation.

Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks,
Teresa

Re: Directory of results at each step

Dear Teresa,

1. you can and should define a name for the result files in GiD (Data - Problem Data - Problem Data - Task Name).

2. You can run your analysis in AtenaConsole (or ATENA Studio or AtenaWin), where the results are (AFAIK) saved in the directory with the .inp which is typically considerably faster compared to ATENA 3D - see also ATENA Troubleshooting, 4.3.1 I have an ATENA Input File (.inp), how can I start the analysis in AtenaWin or AtenaConsole?

3. We will check the use of paths in ATENA 3D and the ATENA kernel when preparing the next release to see if we can reproduce the issue.