Topic: Errors with Atena 3d V4.2.7.5844

Hi there,

I recently installed the latest version of Atena 3D and was previously using Atena version 4.4. I have no problems opening version 4.4 files in the newer version. However when I try to analyse I get the following error:

"An internal error has occurred. Error identification as follows:
ID: A3Run_CalulateThread.pas/11
-Module: C:\PROGRA-2\CERVEN-1"
"error: Attempted to access an unnamed file past its end."

I have managed to solve this by remeshing. After re-meshing, the analysis commences but is interrupted by the following error and then stops:

(i)    Analysis step 1
(!)    Internal error during analysis monitoring: Invalid floating point operation
(!)    Internal error while reading results: Access violation at address 04D74F34 in module 'A3Run_1.dll'. Read of address 00000058
(!)    Internal error while reading results: Access violation at address 04D74F34 in module 'A3Run_1.dll'. Read of address 00000058

I have tried it using both USB and network licenses as well as using my colleagues computer and recieve the same error. Is there a current problem with opening models which were constructed with the older version in the latest version?

Regards

Robin

Re: Errors with Atena 3d V4.2.7.5844

Hello, have you re-meshed after opening the model in the new version? This is frequently needed to be able to keep the model consistent and continue work with the old model in a new version. The fatest way to force new mesh generation is to change the global element size to some other number, press OK, then change it back again and start mesh generation.

P.S. I guess you mean 4.1.4, as we have not developed ATENA 4.4 yet ;-)

Re: Errors with Atena 3d V4.2.7.5844

Hi, I figured it out. It had to do with the number of significant figures. In my original model I had 10 significant figures, but the new version does not like that for some reason. Unfortunately, there is no way to reduce the amount of significant figures in my original models and am now rebuilding them in the newer version.
Regards, Robin